Research Analyst Position (Customer Experience)
Phase 5 is looking for a quantitative research analyst who wants to work on a lot more than numbers.
No ordinary company, no ordinary analyst
Phase 5 is a research-focused consulting firm serving blue chip clients in North America and the UK. We work with a wide swath of companies, from leading financial services companies to tech startups to manufacturers you’ve never heard of.
We help our clients on their journey to customer centricity by bringing together expertise in marketing research (qualitative and quantitative), user and customer experience, innovation and analytics.
What does that mean, exactly? It means we give advice to our clients on how to bring their products, services and experiences closer to what their customers really want. Our clients trust our advice when they are…
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better experiences for their customers, through digital interfaces or through the broader customer experience
Clients trust Phase 5 because we are laser-focused on the business questions they need to solve. Every member of the Phase 5 team is dedicated to providing our clients with the best advice – grounded in the best available data – for their particular situation.
This is important, because it means that a Phase 5 Research Analyst is a core part of our consulting team. We are looking for people who can..
- Understand the client’s overarching business questions
- Relate the particular data they are gathering or analyzing to those business questions
- Tell the “story” of the data – how it helps the client make key decisions
In the role of Research Analyst, you will spend the bulk of your time on research projects. Working closely with seasoned Phase 5 researchers, you will
- Design studies that help our clients get the insights they need to make decisions
- Work on a project team that includes clients and other Phase 5ers
- Participating in calls with clients to understand what business decisions they need help with
- Interacting regularly with senior Phase 5 project managers, because we believe in mentoring, we believe in growing on the job, and we believe we are Smarter Together
- Monitor studies to ensure quality of data gathering
- Analyze studies and unearth key insights that will guide clients' business decisions
- Contribute to clear and concise reports that reduce mounds of data - including integrating data from qualitative and quantitative research - to exactly the nuggets that clients need, both to answer their immediate questions and to bring their stakeholders into the story that the research tells
This is a full-time position with our Customer Experience (CX) Team, which is primarily located in Ottawa, ON. However, we have been working remotely successfully during the pandemic. We also have offices in Toronto, ON and Minneapolis, MN.
Qualifications and attitude
We are a group of enthusiastic self-starters with strong people and communication skills and we look for the same in new hires.
Alongside a passion for research and a strong desire to learn, we are looking for:
- Strong and demonstrable skills in data manipulation and statistical data analysis using SPSS or similar statistical software
- Experience analyzing complex situations and communicating results
- Well-developed communication skills, with an emphasis on excellent writing skills demonstrated in reports
- Keen attention to detail
- Eagerness in overcoming challenges to get the job done
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle several different projects simultaneously.
We do not require a particular degree for this position, either undergrad or graduate. However, please note that many of our staff have advanced degrees. Also, if you see your degree as critical to your qualifications for this job, please explain why in your cover letter.
Similarly, there is no absolute requirement of working experience. But we expect you to explain how your work / internship / project / academic experience relate to the skills required.
Keys to Success:
- Can-do attitude
- No fear of complexity
- Energized by collaboration
- Ability to work extended hours when deadlines loom. (This is not the equivalent of endless overtime – we value work-life balance – but it is the nature of the business)
Why choose Phase 5?
As an industry leader, Phase 5 offers a competitive compensation program, including benefits, a generous vacation policy and performance-based increases.
Just as importantly, we offer unparalleled access to coaching and development opportunities through our highly experienced staff. You do not work in a vacuum. You have every opportunity to grow in business knowledge and strategic advising capabilities. While we expect curiosity and drive, we do not expect you to know everything. We work with large, complex organizations with complex products. We help you learn on the job and develop business acumen in ways that will improve your own future job prospects.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While there is no particular academic degree or major requirements, we expect that if you believe your degree is important to what you bring to the table, you will address that in the cover letter.
Thank you to all who respond. Only successful applicants will be contacted.