Quantitative Research Analyst/Senior Analyst Position
Phase 5 is looking to hire a quantitative research analyst or senior analyst who wants to know a lot more than numbers, a career-minded individual who is interested in growing their skills.
In this role you will spend the bulk of your time on research projects analyzing complex data sets to develop insights. Working closely with seasoned Phase 5 researchers, you will also learn to:
- Collaborate closely on project teams that include clients and other Phase 5ers
- Participate in calls with clients to understand their needs
- Interact regularly with senior Phase 5 project managers, because we believe in mentoring, we believe in growing on the job, and we believe we are Smarter Together
- Monitor studies to ensure quality of data gathering
- Manage projects against budget and time constraints, communicating to all stakeholders about progress
We are a group of enthusiastic self-starters with strong people and communication skills and we look for the same in new hires.
Alongside a passion for research and a strong desire to learn, we are looking for:
- Strong and demonstrable skills in data manipulation and statistical data analysis using SPSS or similar statistical software
- Experience analyzing complex situations and communicating results Well-developed communication skills, with an emphasis on excellent writing skills demonstrated in reports
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle several different projects simultaneously.
Experience in advanced statistical analysis is preferred, but not required.
We do not require a particular degree for this position, either undergrad or graduate, but the typical candidate will have a degree in business, statistics, psychology, sociology, etc.
Candidates may be considered for the role of Analyst or Senior Analyst, dependent upon qualifications.
Keys to Success
- Can-do attitude
- No fear of complexity
- Energized by collaboration
Phase 5: no ordinary place to work
Phase 5 (www.phase-5.com) is a research-focused consulting firm serving blue chip clients in North America and the UK. We work with a wide swathe of companies, from household name internet companies to manufacturers you’ve never heard of.
We help our clients on their journey to customer centricity by bringing together expertise in marketing research, user and customer experience, innovation and design.
What does that mean, exactly? It means we give advice to our clients on how to bring their products and services and experiences closer to what their customers really want. Our clients trust our advice when they are…
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better experiences for their customers, through web / mobile interfaces or through the broader customer experience
Clients trust Phase 5 because we are laser-focused on the business questions they are trying to answer. This is important, because it means that a Phase 5 Amalyst is a core part of our team. We are looking for people who can...
- Understand the client’s overarching business questions
- Relate the particular data they are gathering or analyzing to those business questions
- Tell the “story” of the data – how it helps the client make key decisions
This is a full-time position based at our offices in Edina, MN. Generally, we like to be in the office so that we can exchange ideas easily. Considering the evolving nature of the modern workplace, however, we are willing to consider a mixed in-office and remote arrangement (roughly 3 days in and 2 days out).
Starting salary range is $50,000 to $70,000 per year depending on qualifications, plus an annual bonus of one month’s pay or more when the company reaches financial targets – which Phase 5 has a strong track record of doing.
Why choose Phase 5?
As an industry leader, Phase 5 offers a competitive compensation program, including benefits, a generous vacation policy and performance-based increases.
Just as importantly, we offer unparalleled access to coaching and development opportunities through our highly experienced staff. You do not work in a vacuum. You have every opportunity to grow in business knowledge and strategic advising capabilities. While we expect curiosity and drive, we do not expect you to know everything. We work with large, complex organizations with complex products. We help you learn on the job and develop business acumen in ways that will improve your own future job prospects.
How to apply
Phase 5 believes in a policy of equal employment opportunity for all people based on merit and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter is required – use it to explain why you want to join the Phase 5 team.
We thank you for your interest in Phase 5, however only candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.