Director, Quantitative Research - A career, not a job: Phase 5 is looking for a quantitative professional with strong primary research project management skills who wants to grow into a higher-level business role.
In this role, you will spend the bulk of your time on managing research projects and helping staff grow skills.
You will be responsible for designing and executing advanced survey research studies. This will include proposal development, instrument design, client liaison and managing external suppliers and internal staff. You will be expected to propose the best approach to a business problem, then see that approach through to completion. The “best” approach will vary depending on client needs and time and budget constraints. To know what is best, you’ll draw from your experience using a robust toolbox of research techniques: conjoint, TURF analysis, Van Westendorp, and on and on.
On most projects, you will work with analysts and a VP or Partner. You will be mentoring and training, helping analysts expand beyond their current skillset.
- Demonstrated history of clear communication of data that informs business decisions
- Advanced analytic skills in one or more statistical analysis platforms / languages (SPSS, or similar statistical software)
- Ability and interest in developing new skills in data science as required by the projects you are working on; but also, self-awareness about the limits of your current knowledge, being willing to bring in outside experts when needed
- An accessible personality – giving clients confidence that they are in good hands
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate project team members, mentor and train junior staff
- Quick grasp of the business issues that are driving a project, always bringing the focus back to how the insights we’ve acquired can help clients make decisions
- Communication of complex analyses in clear terms that help clients understand how to move forward
You will bring your relevant degree(s) in business, statistics, psychology, sociology, etc. and 5+ years of agency-side experience (additional client-side experience is welcomed) to help Phase 5 serve its growing roster of clients. Experience in financial services and B2B industries is a plus.
Keys to Success:
- Can-do attitude
- No fear of complexity
- Energized by collaboration
Location: This is a full-time position based at our offices in Toronto, Ontario. Generally, we like to be in the office so that we can exchange ideas. However, we have been working remotely successfully during the pandemic are willing to consider a mixed in-office and remote arrangement.
Phase 5: no ordinary place to work
Phase 5 is a research-focused consulting firm serving blue chip clients in North America and the UK. We work with a wide swathe of companies, from household name internet companies to manufacturers you’ve never heard of.
We help our clients on their journey to customer centricity by bringing together expertise in marketing research, user and customer experience, innovation and design.
What does that mean, exactly? It means we give advice to our clients on how to bring their products and services and experiences closer to what their customers really want. Our clients trust our advice when they are…
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better experiences for their customers, through web / mobile interfaces or through the broader customer experience
Clients trust Phase 5 because we are laser-focused on the business questions they are trying to answer.
Why choose Phase 5?
As an industry leader, Phase 5 offers a competitive compensation program, including benefits, a generous vacation policy and performance-based increases.
Just as importantly, we offer unparalleled access to coaching and development opportunities through our highly experienced staff. You do not work in a vacuum. You have every opportunity to grow in business knowledge and strategic advising capabilities. While we expect curiosity and drive, we do not expect you to know everything. We work with large, complex organizations with complex products. We help you learn on the job and develop business acumen in ways that will improve your own future job prospects.
How to apply
Again, this is a full-time position based in Toronto, Ontario. Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you to all who respond. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.