Consultant / Senior Consultant - A career, not a job: Phase 5 is looking for a career-minded individual with strong skills for running qualitative and/or quantitative market research projects and an interest in growing technical and management skills.
In this role, you will spend the bulk of your time running research projects. You should enjoy:
- People work – interfacing directly with consumers to unearth valuable insights, as well as coordinating a team and clients to successfully complete projects on time
- Working with data – making connections between the numbers and the business decisions they inform
You will be responsible for executing survey research studies as well as contributing to the design of those studies. This will include client liaison, managing external suppliers, and reporting on results. You may also mentor / work with more junior staff to help with analysis. You will be expected to manage projects and resources to meet deadlines. You’ll draw from experience you already have – as well as what you’ll learn – using a robust toolbox of qualitative and quantitative research approaches: in-depth interviews, focus groups, conjoint analysis, TURF analysis, Van Westendorp, and on and on.
We are a group of enthusiastic self-starters with strong people and communication skills and we look for the same in new hires.
Alongside a passion for research and a strong desire to learn, we are looking for:
- Experience analyzing complex situations and communicating results
- Well-developed communication skills, with an emphasis on excellent writing skills demonstrated in reports
- Keen attention to detail
- Eagerness in overcoming challenges to get the job done
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle several different projects simultaneously
- Commitment to trust – giving your team members confidence that you will deliver
Experience in advanced statistical analysis is preferred, but not required.
The typical candidate will have a degree in business, statistics, psychology, sociology, etc. An advanced degree is not required, but preferred. The typical candidate will also bring 2+ years of relevant experience – use your cover letter to explain how your experience is relevant.
Candidates may be considered for the role of Consultant or Senior Consultant, dependent upon qualifications.
Keys to Success:
- Can-do attitude
- No fear of complexity
- Energized by collaboration
Phase 5: no ordinary place to work
Phase 5 is a research-focused consulting firm serving blue chip clients in North America and the UK. We work with a wide swathe of companies, from household name internet companies to manufacturers you’ve never heard of.
We help our clients on their journey to customer centricity by bringing together expertise in marketing research, user and customer experience, innovation and design.
What does that mean, exactly? It means we give advice to our clients on how to bring their products and services and experiences closer to what their customers really want. Our clients trust our advice when they are…
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better experiences for their customers, through web / mobile interfaces or through the broader customer experience
Clients trust Phase 5 because we are laser-focused on the business questions they are trying to answer. This is important, because it means that a Phase 5 Consultant is a core part of our team. We are looking for people who can...
- Understand the client's overarching business questions
- Relate the particular data they are gathering or analyzing to those business questions
- Tell the "story" of the data - how it helps the client make key decisions.
This is a full-time position based at our offices in Edina, MN. Generally, we like to be in the office so that we can exchange ideas easily. However, we have been working remotely successfully during the pandemic so are willing to consider a mixed in-office and remote arrangement (roughly 3 days in and 2 days out).
Starting salary range is $62,000 to $88,000 per year depending on qualifications, plus an annual bonus of one month’s pay or more when the company reaches financial targets – which Phase 5 has a strong track record of doing.
There is also a manager position available for candidates with significant business perspective, e.g. from past work experience / consulting work. Salary range for that position is up to $100,000 plus bonus potential, depending on qualifications. See job posting here.
Why choose Phase 5?
As an industry leader, Phase 5 offers a competitive compensation program, including benefits, a generous vacation policy and performance-based increases.
Just as importantly, we offer unparalleled access to coaching and development opportunities through our highly experienced staff. You do not work in a vacuum. You have every opportunity to grow in business knowledge and strategic advising capabilities. While we expect curiosity and drive, we do not expect you to know everything. We work with large, complex organizations with complex products. We help you learn on the job and develop business acumen in ways that will improve your own future job prospects.
How to apply
Phase 5 believes in a policy of equal employment opportunity for all people based on merit and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in Phase 5, however only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.