Business Development Manager/Director at Phase 5
Phase 5 is looking for an ambitious career-minded individual with a proven record of successful sales and account management in the market research industry (U.S. based).
Day-to-day work and resources
In this role, you will spend the bulk of your time on building and managing a sales pipeline with targeted prospects, from identifying them to engaging them via email and phone, making capability presentations, generating RFPs, and writing proposals. You will also contribute to the maintenance and growth of the revenue base from existing accounts.
You will be expected to contribute to top of the funnel activities outside the company (such as conferences) as well as to work within the firm to build a strong knowledge base about our capabilities and collaborate with colleagues to identify best prospecting and account expansion approaches.
You will have at your disposal our HubSpot CRM as your main platform for managing contacts and email campaigns.
You will work closely with the EVP Marketing and Development who will provide you with direction and support on both strategic and tactical levels as well as with the President of Phase 5 US with whom you will collaborate on proposals and US-specific marketing and account management activities.
We are a very collaborative group of colleagues with strong people and communication skills and we look for the same in new hires. You should have:
- A demonstrated history of success in sales and account management
- A natural ability to instill trust - so as to give prospects the confidence that they are in good hands as you are the first person from Phase 5 they will interface with
- A collaborative demeanor to give colleagues the confidence that you are not “overselling”
- The ability to work fairly independently
- The discipline to maintain a high level of activity and focus
- Business acumen with a good grasp of how our market research specialties help clients make better business decisions and solve business issues
- Excellent proposal writing and presentation skills
- The ability to travel to client sites and conferences occasionally
The typical candidate might have a degree in business, marketing, statistics, psychology, sociology, etc. An advanced degree is not required. The typical candidate will also bring 7+ years of relevant experience (please use your cover letter to explain how your experience is relevant).
Keys to Success
- Being able to connect research to business issues
- Being curious to find what will make a prospect interested
- Enjoying “hunting and farming”
- Being collaborative to leverage colleagues’ expertise
- Having the discipline to maintain a high level of activity and keep records
- Being detail oriented
While the initial focus of the position is on business development and account management in the U.S., there is opportunity for the role and responsibilities to expand over time.
Phase 5: no ordinary place to work
Phase 5 (www.phase-5.com) is a research-focused consulting firm serving clients primarily in North America and Europe. We work with a wide range of companies, from large banks to tech companies to associations to manufacturers in the B2B sector.
We help our clients on their journey to customer centricity by bringing together expertise in marketing research, user and customer experience, innovation and design. What does that mean, exactly? It means we give advice to our clients on how to bring their products, services and experiences closer to what their customers really want and need. Our clients need our advice when they are…
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better experiences for their customers through digital interfaces
- Managing their end-to-end customer experience to build customer loyalty
Clients trust Phase 5 because we are focused on the business questions they are looking to answer.
This is a full-time position based at our offices in Edina, MN. Generally, we like to be in the office so that we can collaborate and exchange ideas easily. However, considering the evolving nature of the modern workplace and the location of your direct line manager in Toronto, Canada, we are open to a hybrid arrangement.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a base salary plus sales commissions and an annual bonus when the company reaches financial targets, which Phase 5 has a strong track record of doing. Phase 5 offers a competitive benefits program, a generous vacation policy and COLA and merit-based increases.
How to apply
Phase 5 believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank you for your interest in Phase 5, however only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.