Research Manager, Innovation Practice
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Phase 5 (www.phase-5.com) is a research-focused consulting firm serving blue chip clients in North America and Europe. We work with a wide swathe of companies, from household name financial services companies to manufacturers you’ve never heard of.
We help our clients achieve business results by leveraging customer and market insights. Our clients trust our advice when they are…
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better digital experiences for their customers
- Managing the broader customer experience
Clients trust Phase 5 because we are -focused on the business questions they are trying to answer. Every member of the Phase 5 team is dedicated to providing our clients with the best advice – grounded in the best available data – for their particular situation.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate marketing researcher to join our team in our downtown Toronto office as a Research Manager in the Innovation Practice Group. Please note that we currently have a hybrid work model in place, and you will be required to come into office 2-3 times a week.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who:
- Excels at applying quantitative research methodologies and has some experience with qualitative research methodologies.
- Is a great project manager who can handle day-to-day logistics, communication and team collaboration.
- Seeks to understand the client’s overarching business questions driving the research.
- Enjoys working with complex data sets and utilizing digital tools and technologies to execute sophisticated research methodologies.
- Can tell compelling stories with data – how the insights help the client make key decisions on their business and strategic objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Perform a lead role in the execution of all phases of client projects, including:
- Contribute to client meetings to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Independently lead the development of research approaches and instruments, under guidance from the project director.
- Coordinate day-to-day project logistics, including client communications, overseeing third-party suppliers, and providing direction and support to project team members.
- Lead analysis, reporting and interpretation of study results to effectively tell the story of the data.
- Contribute to high quality research project proposals that incite prospects and clients to work with Phase 5.
- Showcase quantitative and qualitative techniques for client study designs.
- Collaborate with team members and clients throughout all project stages.
- Communicate complex analyses in clear terms that help clients understand how to move forward.
- Support the development and training of junior team members.
- Contribute to a positive, open and collaborative approach operating in line with P5 values.
- Act as a point of contact between P5 executives and the other members of the firm.
What You Will Need:
- Undergraduate and/or post-graduate degree(s) in Business, Statistics, Psychology, Sociology, or related disciplines.
- About 5-7 years’ experience at consultant or agency firm.
- Strong and demonstrable skills in data manipulation and statistical data analysis using SPSS.
- Experience with advanced analytics such as segmentation analysis, regression analysis, MaxDiff, Conjoint, and other quantitative pricing techniques.
- Experience working in online survey programming and dashboarding solutions – experience working in Qualtrics is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate project team members, mentor and train junior staff.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses in clear terms that help clients understand how to move forward.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle several different projects simultaneously.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Eagerness in overcoming challenges to get the job done.
- Exposure to qualitative research including conducting interviews and/or moderating group discussions.
- Experience in financial services and B2B industries is considered an asset.
Why choose Phase 5?
As an industry leader, Phase 5 offers a competitive compensation program, including benefits, a generous vacation policy and performance-based increases.
You will also have every opportunity to grow in business knowledge and strategic advising capabilities. Just as importantly, we want an outstanding individual who is eager to offer coaching and mentoring to our staff. We work with large, complex organizations with complex products and complex research needs. Phase 5 researchers are continually learning on the job to strengthen their research and business acumen throughout their careers.
Interested in joining the Phase 5 Innovation team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Phase 5 is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. Should you need any assistance and/or reasonable accommodation during the application process, feel free to contact us.