Senior Research Analyst, Innovation at Phase 5
Established in 1991, Phase 5 offers exceptional market research and consulting services to blue-chip clients in North America and Europe. With offices in Ottawa, Toronto and Minneapolis, we have helped many local and multinational organizations achieve customer-centricity with our insights and evidence-based recommendations.
We help our clients on their journey to customer centricity by bringing together expertise in marketing research, user and customer experience, innovation and design to solve complex business problems.
What does that mean, exactly? It means we give advice to our clients on how to bring their products and services and experiences closer to what their customers really want. Our clients trust our insights and to guide them when they are:
- Creating new products or services
- Searching for better ways to take their products or services to market
- Building better experiences for their customers, through digital and in-person channels.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst to join our team in our downtown Toronto office! Please note that we currently have a hybrid work model in place and staff are required to work in office several times a week.
As a core part of our Innovation Practice, we are looking for an outstanding individual who:
- Has a strong grasp of quantitative marketing research methodologies.
- Effectively facilitates project management, including day-to-day logistics, communication and team collaboration.
- Seeks to understand the client’s overarching business questions driving the research.
- Tells the “story” of the data – how it helps the client make key decisions on their business and strategic objectives.
What you will do:
In the role of Research Analyst, you will spend the bulk of your time on custom, ad hoc primary marketing research projects. Working closely with seasoned Phase 5 researchers, you will:
- Design research instruments that help our clients get the insights they need to make decisions.
- Work on a project team that includes clients and other Phase 5ers, participating in calls with clients to understand what business decisions they need help with
- Program and field survey research.
- Help organize and support qualitative research.
- Analyze data using descriptive and multivariate techniques.
- Contribute to reports and presentations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate and/or post-graduate degree(s) in Business, Statistics, Psychology, Sociology or a similar discipline.
- 2-4 years’ experience at a market research consultant or agency firm (we will consider candidates with an advanced degree and 1-2 years experience)
- Strong and demonstrable skills in data manipulation and statistical data analysis using SPSS.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to juggle several different projects simultaneously.
Additional Assets that Could Set You Apart
- Experience / proficiency with Qualtrics
- Familiarity or experience in financial services and B2B industries
- Experience with qualitative research (e.g. in-depth interviewing, focus groups, ethnography)
- Boundless curiosity and enthusiasm
- Experience with Python, Access, Sawtooth
Why choose Phase 5?
As an industry leader, Phase 5 offers a competitive compensation program, including health benefits and an RRSP matching program.
Just as importantly, we offer unparalleled access to coaching and development opportunities through our highly experienced staff and third-party organizations.
Interested in joining the Phase 5 Innovation team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Phase 5 is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. Should you need any assistance and/or reasonable accommodation during the application process, feel free to contact us.